LOL again
The Duck told me about a show that I forgot to watch. Maybe you’ve heard of it- My Name is Earl. I didn’t just forget to watch it once, I forgot twice but the Captain came to my rescue. He downloaded it and made me watch it. I thought it was awesome. The writing is so fresh and witty- not like your normal network shows at all. I wondered if they could keep it up and they have. The episode I watched last night was really funny. I mean he had to befriend and then be”mean” this really needy girlie girl. All this was because he had to make right the wrong he inflicted on her when he faked his death to avoid breaking up with her. Long story short, he did his best and it kept backfiring. Of course it didn’t end there- he came up with his own theory on how to deal with it (instead of following the maid’s advice- btw I love the maid but then again I love the whole cast).
Long story short, we were totally cracking up and I’m thinkin’ that paper mache looks like fun. The only “problem” I had with the episode is related to the casting of the girl he had to get away from. Why does the annoying ex-girlfriend always have to be so pretty? Pretty girls like that don’t get left- someone somewhere would put up with her crap because there’s always a guy that cares more about the outside than the inside. Does that sound cynical? I’m not trying to be, I just feel sorry for all the actresses out there that would look the part of the girl that a guy would go to the trouble of faking their death to escape from- you know what I mean?
I tried to add photos but got errors- sorry the blogs have been less visibly stimulating.


2 Comments:
I hear ya on the Earl- all shows we watch are on the timer- we're not ones to watch commercials.
Freddie? You like Freddie- I just don't see the appeal. I like it that he and his wife are still married because that is sort-of against the odds and that makes me happy but beyond that... I guess hearing him talk about Scoobie Doo really put the nail in the coffin.
I love Earl, it is best new show this year! I have not missed an episode.
The "Freddy" show, it did not like so much. I felt like it was trying way to hard. It was the pilot so maybe it will get better, who knows.
Post a Comment
<< Home